Friday, April 15, 2011

The New Experience in Taylors.



Hello everybody! :D

This is my first blog post in here so i shall make it as interesting as possible! I am sure everybody had this experience in life where they came stepping to a new place and felt that everything is different, right? I know i had. Some of you might know that i came from East Malaysia. To be more specific, Kuching, Sarawak. ( And no,we don't live on trees and ride boats to school) So i came stepping out from my comfort zone, also known as my home and came here without my parents. It is tough, knowing that i am on my own now. Every decision is now on me. But this is a part of growing up so i know i have to be strong. The first few days here wasn't easy. I have to adapt and get used to my new life here. But slowly, as the week goes by, i am starting to get used to it and get less homesick.


Then, it was orientation, I still feel really shy and awkward among the many strangers around me. Thank God I had two of my closest friends, Karmen and Joanna with me that time. Although, I get to smile and started to scan few faces around me, I still didn’t get to know them well yet. But then, things got better during the orientation party :D I was really lucky that night because I won the lucky draw which is the Samsung 500GB external hard drives. I also get to meet more new friends during the party when we played the ice breaking game! I felt more loosen up that time. And after that, classes.


Classes started few weeks ago, and i get to know more about my new friends and lecturers in Taylors. I met a lot of new awesome classmates and they are all friendly and nice. There were about 60 people in my class so were separated in two groups for tutorials. I was classified into group 1 and Joanna was in group 2. I was really sad that the both of us were separated but I know that we can’t always be together. At least we can still meet each other during lecture classes! Classes were okay. Get to know more about mind mapping, creative writing, mass communication and many more. Furthermore, I even get to know myself more, for example, about right brain and left brain, human intelligence and more.


Another interesting thing about college is that we get to join clubs and societies. Recently, I joined the music club! And it was fun! I went to the meetings last Monday. We were divided into groups and we had to perform a rock song so we had decided ‘What The Hell’ by Avril Lavinge. We were quite nervous about it but the performance went well. And of course, I met more friends there. So yaaay! :D


Besides music club, I had decided to join the toastmasters club, the get together club and also PAWS. Looking forward to the next meeting soon!


I guess that is all for this post. I am starting to enjoy my college life and I do hope all of you enjoys college life! Cheers to a new life in Taylor’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment